Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baracktoid 010

Obama’s 2007 Selma speech was also inaccurate to claim that Selma and the civil rights movement were responsible for his birth. Immediately following the part of the speech quoted above (Baractoid 009), Obama went on to say, "there was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don’t tell me that I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama. I’m here because somebody marched. I’m here because you all sacrificed for me. I stand on the shoulders of giants."
The Selma voting rights march Obama referenced in the speech happened in March 1965, but Obama Junior was born in August 1961.
-p 33-34, Obama Nation, author, Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D

No comments: